We are a local forum-based car club, serving Asheville and the surrounding areas, and welcome all types of car, truck, or bike enthusiasts!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 Toys for Tots Drive!! Dec. 14th - 10AM #TOYRUN

2013 Toys for Tots Drive!! Dec. 14th - 10AM #TOYRUN

Finally time to get the info out about this years Toys for Tots annual toy drive. This is our chance to give back to the community. Make sure to get the word about this and lets see if we can clear out the Walmart toy section!! After the toy drive, we will take a drive after the drive and grab lunch down in Lake Lure.

Details:

Meet time 10AM - Walmart on Bleachery Blvd. - This is when you buy your toys and hang in the parking lot freezing your tits off.

10:45-11:00 - This is when you join your girlfriend keeping warm in your car and we all head over to the Sears Auto Care Center at the mall

11:00-11:30 - Toy drop at Sears with T4T and 99.9 KISS Country. Expect a group photo before we head out.

11:30-11:45 - Regroup and make our way to Lake Lure (Location and route TBD soon). Expect to get separated from the group and for there to be mass confusion. Well, not in my car. I'll be leading.

12:00-12:30 EAT LUNCH!!!! .....and talk about who bought the craziest thing at Walmart.

I have a couple ideas in mind to make things fun at the meet, so stay tuned for more details as they come out. Post up if you are coming and I'll add you to the list.

I expect this to be huge this year!!!!

Video from the first ever T4T Drive we did three years ago.

Rules: We will be under the public eye during this whole event. Do NOT do anything that would embarrass WNCiDES, Toys for Tots, or yourself.
    And for an extra emphasis there will be quite a bit of police involvement both in and out of uniform.
    Last edited by BooBoo25931; 11-13-2013 at 23:24. Reason: adding map

There will be a competition held at Walmart to vote for your favorite cars. Take your receipt and place it under the wiper of the car of your choice. More receipts, more votes! The top three most voted cars will be in the group shot and will get a free photo shoot by myself and probably any of the other photogs in attendance. haha

Track Junkie

Why does this stuff have to happen when I am out of town..

Build thread enforcer

Why do you always go out of town when we are doing stuff?

Still a n00b

If I'm not working I'll be there

AW11, SW20 & SN95

I'll be there.

I'll be there

Sweet! The FB Event is already getting some attention, so be sure to invite anyone who wants to come and donate!

Quote Originally Posted by ncmr2 View Post
    There will be a competition held at Walmart to vote for your favorite cars. Take your receipt and place it under the wiper of the car of your choice. More receipts, more votes! The top three most voted cars will be in the group shot and will get a free photo shoot by myself and probably any of the other photogs in attendance. haha
    so the car who wins gets the most credit card numbers? you should have raffle tickets to place under wipers instead. I should be there with the cobra, or if it sells whatever I buy next.

AW11, SW20 & SN95

Quote Originally Posted by encasedmetal View Post
    so the car who wins gets the most credit card numbers? you should have raffle tickets to place under wipers instead. I should be there with the cobra, or if it sells whatever I buy next.
    Lol. If credit card numbers are on receipts then you have a big problem. ...unless you're worried about everyone knowing your last 4 digits...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowRocker88 View Post
    Lol. If credit card numbers are on receipts then you have a big problem. ...unless you're worried about everyone knowing your last 4 digits...

Exactly. There is more incriminating info in your mail then a Walmart receipt. Lol

Besides, the incentive is to buy more toys. If you buy 4 toys and want to ring them up 4 times, that's 4 votes technically.

Anyone opposed to free decals for the meet that have #TOYRUN on them? The idea is to hash tag all the pictures and posts made during and after the meet. The G'ville crowd did this and it worked really well.

off in the shower racing

Quote Originally Posted by ncmr2 View Post
    Anyone opposed to free decals for the meet that have #TOYRUN on them? The idea is to hash tag all the pictures and posts made during and after the meet. The G'ville crowd did this and it worked really well.
    i like the idea. kinda wish this happened for the Toy Run today.

what's up with this 80% chance of rain bullshit? Had really hoped to bring the cobra out, but if it's raining- not gonna happen. might be riding with my bro in law in his lightning instead.

AW11, SW20 & SN95

I'll be there rain or shine. Heated seats and 4x4...come what may.

It better not rain.

Track Junkie

Bad news. M3 went into limp mode 2 days ago. Ran the codes hoping its just something small but it came up as throttle position sensor. GTI is still not finished..

Build thread enforcer

+ Reply to Thread